So I was a little worried coming into this Half as my legs have never really recovered from the marathon a month ago and I just haven't felt real good running as of late. I felt pretty good the first miles and then right when my watch was turning over the first mile my darn calf just siezed up and I stopped for about 30 or 40 seconds, then I just said well you just have to do your best and run through it. I started running with the 1:40 pace group, they passed me by and then the 1:45 pace group passed me and I was like what to do... So I just started to run and it loosened up as I hit the downhill portions and I was able to catch the 1:45 group, as we dropped into snow canyon I just started to use the downhill and was feeling better, I didn't think I could catch the 1:40 group but I just stayed with it. Then after the 12th mile I turned to head for the home stretch and there was the 1:40 group and it gave me a burst of energy and I flew right by them with about .25 to go and I just sprinted to the finish. I really am proud of myself that I stayed with it and ran smart on the downhill and didn't over do it and I was able to get the sub 1:40, just barley, but I got it. Considering how I have felt the last month I'll take it, legs felt pretty darn good the whole way. Splits are below.
1. 7:29 Feeling pretty good.
2. 8:03 Stopped for a minute with my calf.
3. 7:11 Just tryinf to hang in there and using the downhill.
4. 7:15 feeling better.
5. 7:21 Trying to slow down a bit and not over do it.
6. 7:23 Doing good.
7. 7:39 Stopped for a drink here.
8. 7:57 Struggling just a bit but hanging in there.
9. 7:30 Feeling better.
10. 7:29 Still hanging in there.
11. 7:55 A little uphill here so slowed down.
12. 7:41 I saw the 1:40 group so just trying catch them.
13. 7:38 Passing them and feeling good.
.10 1:23 Giving it everything I can.
I'm pretty happy with this and I hope I can get back to being more consistant with my running, my calf is a litle sore so I might need to take a few days off to get it healed up.
See ya Monday.