I didn't have a good day today... I was right on course through my 30K to Boston Qualify but then my legs hit the wall and I was done. Disappointed but anytime you finish a marathon you should feel good about yourself. I felt like I was right in here but it I just didn't have it for some reason. I look back at my training and I got a little lazy the last 4 weeks and I didn't get in enough long runs I think, I had the 1 20 miler but then after that I didn't get anymore other than a 15 and then a 10 miler and that was 5 weeks out, so I might have peeked a little soon. I don't know if I'm going to do anymore of these but I'm sure I will change my mind, I feel like I have it in me for a 3:30 marathon but then I think maybe I'm just to old... I will post splits tomorrow.
See ya Later.
1. 7:26 a little fast on this one but I was just trying to get loose and didn't realize I was going to fast.
2. 8:00 this was perfect pace and I was getting in a pretty good groove.
3. 7:36 a little fast again but wasn't working hard at all and some downhill on this mile.
4. 7:51 better and more relaxed.
5. 8:00 Feeling good.
6. 7:48 just cruising along.
7. 7:49 feeling good and preparing myself mentally for the uphill coming.
8. 8:48 Veyo, just tried to take it easy here and felt okay.
9. 8:14 dammeron valley. this is always a hard stretch for me but the plan was I had bailed some hay so to speak on the early miles so I could take it easy through here.
10. 8:17 feeling okay and just getting through it.
11. 8:28 stopped for some water here.
12. 8:05 feeling better and cresting the hill.
13.1 7:47 feeling okay and I hit the half in 1:45:00. perfect.
14. 8:12 I felt tired here for some reason and mentally slowed down.
15. 7:55 Back on track.
16. 7:47 Using the downhill.
17. 7:51 Still hanging in.
18. 8:20 Starting to hit the wall and I know theres nothing I can do about it :(
19. 9:09 Crash!
20. 9:19 Crashing harder!
21. 8:33 Tried to pick it up here but my legs are not having it.
22. 9:38 Feeling pretty bad here because I know I'm done.
23. 9:40 Crash!
24. 9:19 Just trying to get it done.
25. 10:02 Really pissed and I am questioning why I do these Damn things!
26. 10:04 Read mile 25 caption.:)
.2 2:46 I was barley moving here but I was running, my wife said she could see that I was struggling because usually I'm really strong at the end. Not this year.
3:42:55... Disappointed no doubt but I think the last month of training I was a little lazy with my long runs and that is the reason for the crash... Plus, life intruded with soccer games on Saturdays and it messed up my training schedule some, so no BQ this year and I missed a PR by a minute or so which I didn't care to much about because the BQ was what I wanted anything after that really didn't matter to me. I don't know where I go from here if I continue to try or just stop doing marathons all together, I did sign up for the runners series again just to give me options and I'm running the Snow Canyon Half in November... I did make it with no injuries this time so I think the formula I used worked for me but I have to be able to get more long runs in those last 2 months because those are critical for those last 8 miles of the marathon.
Taking some time of and get the stiffness out and then I will continue pursuing my goal of 1500 miles by the end of this year.