I ran the spectrum 10K today in SG, I felt pretty good for the most part and I'll have to check but I think I PR'd from last year. I pushed the downhill pretty hard, probably a little to hard, but hey its a 10K so you have to give it all you've got!
Here are my splits:
1. 6:31(149) Downhill
2. 7:11(161) uphill and downhill.
3. 6:58(161) Some up hill but mostly downhill
4. 7:06(164) uphill to start then down hill.
5. 7:26(167) Uphill and I'm starting to feel it pretty good but just trying to hang on.
6. 7:31(172) I was not feeling very good on this one and I was a little disappointed but I picked it up on the last bit.
.20 6:23(176) Pushed it hard at the end, at least hard for me.
If anything it was a good speed work out and some downhill training as well.
My son Ethan did really good 42:01 and took 3rd in his age group, and he realized that he needs more mileage and speed training to get where he wants to be, but I am I proud of him! He has some talent if he will only realize his potential, its hard to get him to take chances...
It was a PR from Last years race, I'll have to check the offical results to see if its a distance PR.
See ya Monday.