I really had a great race. I will give details later. I had a 3 minute PR from last years race so pretty darn happy!
Details to come later...
I staretd off a little fast fir the first mile so i backed off a bit and it seemed to work, here are my splits.
1. 7:33 way to fast so I backed off a little.
2. 7:50 with a little uphill much better pace for my fitness level.
3. 7:53 this is a better pace for me, but I wanted around 7:50.
4. 7:45 feeling pretty good and just trying to bale hay so to speak.
5. 7:50 good.
6. 7:56 this is always a tough part of the course for me mentally, these darn rollers.
7. 7:56 trying to stay with it mentally.
8. 7:25 pushed the hill pretty good here and I thought "Are you crazy" but I was feeling pretty good so I went with it.
9. 7:39 still hanging in there.
10. 7:42 feeling okay and thinking about a possible PR but trying to focus on the mile at hand.
11. 7:45 feeling a little tired but just trying to get to the barn.
12. 7:44 hanging in there.
13. 7:34 during this mile I realized that I might be able to break 1:40 so I picked it up a bit.
.10 7:04 giving it all i got but just missed sub 1:40.
I am really happy with this race and so Happy to get a 3 minute course PR, everything felt pretty good, my abdominal was a little bit of a bother but didn't really get any worse so I just went with it. It was a great day too for my Son Ethan who ran his first half marathon today and he ran a 1:33:00, he hasn't ran hardly at all since cross country and he had no long runs at all. I am really proud of him and it would be cool to see what he could do with some serious training under his belt, he finsihed 4th in his age which he was excited about!
Update with Offical time and place; 169th overall and 9th in age with a time of 1:40:34
See ya Monday.