Speedy Spaniard 10K this morning, It wasn't my best 10K but it wasn't my worst either. I felt okay through 3 miles or so and then I really started to fade and I just kinda hung in there, it was a new route this year and it was a good one. I felt pretty good leg wise but my breathing was way out of whack and I felt really labored for some reason. I have ran a sub 44 minutes in this race but I just didn't have it lung wise so I probably need to work on that a little more. My splits are below.
1. 7:13 a little uphill here and then down, pretty happy with this mile really.
2. 7:06 I felt really good here and I thought this was about where I should be pace wise.
3. 7:11 Still okay with the pace but stomach is bothering my a little here.
4. 7:23 Starting to fade bad here.
5. 7:30 still trying but fading some more.
6. 7:30 I tried to speed up here but I must not have as the pace was the same as the previous mile.
.20 6:42 I just tried to finish strong here and I think I did that.
The last half I just really seemed to fade, which surprises me as I thought I was in pretty decent 10K pace but I guess I'm not... I did finish 3rd in my age group, 50 to 54, so that was a welcome surprise i think I'm on the right track with everything I just have to stay with it, maybe try and get some more speed work when I can. But really not to bad, my average pace was 7:19.
See ya tomorrow.