I will give a race report later. I felt really good through 9 miles but then the wheels just came off, and I don't know why. I was on track to get a sub 1:40 but my legs just gave out on me, I was able to still take 3rd in my age which made me feel a little better about the effort. It's a great race and a great course and I will do it again.
Details. Here are my splits.
1. 7:18 down hill and I was just getting loose.
2. 7:22 I decided to back off on this one, not to much though.
3. 7:14 this is really downhill but stayed controlled and easy.
4. 7:32 More flat with some rollers still feeling pretty good.
5. 7:28 still feeling good and just trying to stay smooth.
6. 7:41 I stopped here to take some GU and then get a drink.
7. 7:47 didn't feel real great on this one but I am still in it mentally even though I slowed down a little.
8. 7:36 Recovered a little here and I felt like I was back in a good flow.
9. 8:01 The wheels just came off and I don't know why, really lost it here.
10. 8:04 I'm just trying to work my way through the feeling in my legs and trying to hang on.
11. 8:33 wheels really coming off here and I almost started to cry, I'm sure there was some cussing involved.
12. 9:04 Feeling like I was going to have top walk but I told myself to just keep the legs a moving, feeling really disappointed.
13. 8:22 decided to try and just give it all I had and this mile was about all I had.
.10 sprinted the last little bit here and hit a 7:19.
I don't know what happened on miles 9 through 13 but it felt like I hit the wall, that has never happened to me before on a half marathon but I guess theres a first time for everything... I the course was more downhill hill those first 4 miles and I don't know if maybe that kinda zapped my legs, don't really know. I was pretty disappointed after I finished but then after the results I found out that I took 3rd in my age so that was a big boost, if I run it next year I will make sure and get some downhill training in and be better prepared. Now its time to cut back a little little and then in a month or so start getting ready for St. George, I need to stay healthy so I can get to the starting line.
See ya later.